Monday, August 19, 2013

First Lines, Stephen King and Zombies!

I'd meant to post this some time ago.

Back in July, Stephen King did an interview with Joe Fassler and The Atlantic about the importance of opening sentences. King even gives a bit of insight on the opening sentences of some well-known works, and some of the first lines in his own novels.

It's an interesting read, so check it out when you get the chance. 

Speaking of first lines, here's the first line of my soon-to-be published short story, "Little Miss Saigon":

'I wake with a start and fall out of my chair.'

It's a zombie story like none you have ever read before. And that's not just me blowing smoke up your butt.

Keep watching this space for the link to "Little Miss Saigon" when it goes live and some unique zombie goodness. 

No comments: