Monday, September 03, 2012

Fading Light: An Anthology of the Monstrous



Now Available
Kick ass cover art by Jessy Lucero

At first, I didn't want to submit a story for the Fading Light anthology.

I had just finished writing the longest piece of fiction I'd ever written, Half Dark, for the Four in the Morning anthology. Work was crazy. I was working long hours, I was mentally spent. I just wanted to curl up into a ball - mentally and physically - and stay that way. Forever. 

Or at least until the premier of the third season of Walking Dead. 

And then I saw Jessy Lucero's cover art for Fading Light. Talk about being inspired. All of my tiredness went away after seeing that cover. 

I mean, just look at it. That is seriously one kick-ass cover. The design, the color scheme, the artwork - the friggin' tentacles coming out of that friggin' sky! - I just had to be in that anthology. 

No exaggeration, that is one of the best covers I have ever seen. Ever. 

Tim Marquitz has put together an excellent anthology, starting with the cover. I can't tell you how pleased I am that I submitted my story, "Blessed Be the Shadowchildren", to Fading Light.

I think you'll be pleased with it as well. Check it out and let me know what you think. 

No comments: