Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fading Light: an Anthology of the Monstrous

Now Available
cover art by Jessy Lucero

This year has definitely been the year of the anthology for me. 

So far, I've had short stories published in four anthologies, with another one, Fading Light, set to be released September 1. 

Here's the description for Fading Light:

Born of darkness, the creatures of myth, legend, and nightmare have long called the shadows home. Now, with the cruel touch of the sun fading into memory, they've returned to claim their rightful place amidst humanity; as its masters.

Fading Light collects 30 monstrous stories by authors new and experienced, in the genres of horror, science fiction, and fantasy, each bringing their own interpretation of what lurks in the dark.


And here's the blurb for my story, "Blessed Be the ShadowChildren":

The Sun is dying, mortally wounded by an asshole god and his jealousy. There's hope (and love) in the slow, dark death to come, though. But only if fifteen-year-old Levi and Lali can reach the warm arms of the Bright Lady before the horde of pursuing Biloko devour them - intestines first.

I seem to be saying this a lot lately, but this story is not like anything I've written before. And that's a good thing. 

What's a bit tripped out is I almost didn't submit to this anthology. But more about that later.

In the meantime, keep this one in your digital to-read-some-extremely-messed-up-stuff-later pile. 

I think you'll like it. 

4 comments:

Anne @ Zen and Genki said...

Keeping eyes peeled...

six blocks east of mars said...

Always good to keep your eyes peeled when tentacles like that are reaching down from such an ominous sky...

Constance Burris said...

I like the concept of this anthology. I need more monster books in my life.

six blocks east of mars said...

@Anne: I don't think you were a beta reader for this one, so it should be interesting to see what you think. Thanks for stopping by!

@Constance: My monster is a forest creature from Zaire I took a bit of creative license with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eloko
Thanks for stopping by as well!