Friday, April 20, 2012

Four in the Morning

artwork by Jessy Lucero
I was just about to start this post with, "Remember that cool as hell anthology I was telling you about? You know, the one that's four novellas and three are written by those guys I know from Corrupts Absolutely?"

But then I realized I haven't mentioned Four in the Morning at all here. 

Shame on me.

This coming June, Ed Erdelac, Lincoln Crisler, Tim Marquitz, and yours truly, will release an anthology of four novellas featuring characters at different ages and stages of their lives: 

A young girl coming of age in an alternate, steampunk Chicago learns the truth about herself while avenging her lost friends. A bitter, teenage murderer finds acceptance and power in the arms of a dark African god’s gangster disciples. A middle-aged woman in a frigid marriage discovers her experimental age-defying treatment may be something more than skin deep. A worn, aged, small-town patriarch uncovers a web of sinister transactions revolving around his local funeral home.

Four in the Morning offers adventurous steampunk, sinister urban fantasy, dark science fiction and bone-chilling horror in three novelettes and one novella from four exciting genre voices.

My story is the adventurous steampunk one with the young girl coming of age in an alternate Chicago.

I'm excited about this. Jumping-up-and-down-waving-my-arms excited about this.

Really. Look at my face over there at the top right. Can't you tell?

1 comment: