Friday, April 15, 2011

Acceptance

It's been far too long since I've last posted, but it's for good reason.

First, I've moved to Canada, more specifically the Greater Toronto Area. Officially, I'm now a permanent resident of the Great White North. I've been here almost a year, but the change in scenery alone hasn't kept me from spending more time just east of mars.

I also have a new job, which has been a fun but intense learning curve for me. I've been working now for five months, which is a very good thing, but working also hampers my writing. Another good thing about my current personal and professional situation is that I'm forced to ruminate for longer periods on my ideas for stories, and that allows me to develop more intricate and complex writing. At least, I hope it does.

Even if it doesn't, my current writing style has recently allowed me to write a story very much unlike my previous work. "Standing in Line at the End of the World," my newest short story, is a steampunk/new weird urban fantasy with yo' mama jokes, a couple of beautiful goddesses, monstrous jellyfish and an end-of-the-world scenario on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro.

Expanded Horizons liked it so much they bought it. I'll post a link when it goes live next month. Hopefully, you'll like it too.


No comments: