Sunday, September 05, 2010

My Writing (Part 1?)

My current WIP is two-thirds finished and will be longer than any spec fic story I've written by about 3,000 words. Placing it should be interesting. Also interesting is that each third is narrated in first-person by a female character, something I've never done before.


The other day, Nalo Hopkinson posted on her Facebook page that she was cannibalizing some existing scenes for her novel and "macgyvering" it into shape. That's a good way to describe my WIP. Fun stuff that leaves me feeling powerful and smart, but frustrating as well.


On an entirely different note, I find that I get my best writing ideas when I'm shaving (both my face and head). It's been that way for a few years now. I'm not sure why, but if I knew, I'd definitely try to create situations where those synapses are firing twenty-four seven.


I'm sure that's impossible, though. But it sounds like a good idea for a cool story.

No comments: