Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Published: Bijou LaVoix and the Coal Dust Faery

When you get the chance, please check out my short story "Bijou LaVoix and the Coal Dust Faery" here in the double February issue of Expanded Horizons Magazine.

It is my first steampunk story and the first story I've written with traditional fantasy elements. This was a very fun story to write because I really let my creativity and imagination run free. I think I need to do that more. Feel free to let me know what you think about the story.

Also, if you have time, poke around Expanded Horizons a bit. Dash is amassing a diverse collection of stories from a diverse collection of writers within those virtual pages that I truly don't think you can find anywhere else.

One of those stories, Night Out by Eliza Victoria, really stayed with me after reading it. Good stuff there.

2 comments:

eliza said...

Thanks so much for the kind words!

- Eliza Victoria

six blocks east of mars said...

Just giving credit where credit is due.

"Night Out" is one of those stories I wish I'd written: it has a poignant social voice, an intriguing near-future world, and compelling characters.