Friday, January 15, 2010

Two Soon-to-Be Published Stories

Happy New Year. It's been awhile since I've been here.

It seems like every other post I've been saying that. I truly will post more often this year, and not just say it. As I tell my son and daughter, "Don't say you will--do it."

That being said (and done?), I have two stories that will be published in the coming months. "Bijoux LaVoix and the Coal Dust Faery" will be published next month at Expanded Horizons. This story is a first for me--actually, two firsts.

It's the first story I've written with obvious fantasy elements, and it's my first ever steampunk story. Thanks goes to Lady Purple Zoe of Ultraviolet Underground Magazine for creative impetus and inspiration.

"Johnny Fatlip Meets Lucy Pearl in: Undersea Grand Larceny" will be published soon by Polluto Magazine, and is the second story I've sold them. This is all I'm going to say about it: tripped out with a capital T. More to come.

4 comments:

Wayne said...

Haven't read the stories, but I'm LOVING the titles! Seriously, those kick all sorts of ass.

six blocks east of mars said...

Thanks, Wayne. I try to carefully consider my story titles, but sometimes I just can't come up with a catchy one or a cool-sounding one.

These two are catchy and cool-sounding, and I think help to put the reader in the mood of the story from the get go without giving anything away.

Wayne said...

They certainly inspired me to check out the stories. Downloaded the expanded horizons piece to read later, and will check out polluto afterwards. Congratulations again - that's a great accomplishment to have two stories in print around the same time.

six blocks east of mars said...

Thanks, Wayne. I appreciate your support. Let me know what you think of "Bijou LaVoix and the Coal Dust Faery" when you get the chance.