Friday, June 26, 2009

From Anxious to Hesitant

It's been far too long since I've posted, but there has been good and bad news in the meantime. The good news is that I'm no longer anxious. T

he story I submitted back in January was accepted after a request for a rewrite. I'll post more about that in the future as details firm up.

The bad news is that I haven't written much of anything since that rewrite. I've felt a bit drained mentally and creatively the past two months, most of it due to things going on in my life.

During the much needed and much anticipated free time I have, I don't write because I find myself needing to unwind in other ways. I haven't stopped thinking about writing, though, but I realize thinking about writing and writing are not the same thing.

Since I first started writing, which was way back in middle school, I've fallen into these periods of hestitancy. I know what I want to write, I know how I want to write it, but I can't bring myself to begin the actual writing process.

Sometimes, my hesitancy is just a matter of me wanting the writing to marinate a little more. More often than not, it's a matter of fear.

Fear of what, you ask? Fear of imperfection. Fear of incompletion. Fear of disliking the prose.

Fear never wrote stories though, right? Or maybe it did.

Today, my plan is to push past my hesitancy and just write.

1 comment:

Kahnee said...

That sounds like a good plan.